Being a Passionate Worshipper

I have had a phenomenal weekend. One of the things that happened to me this weekend was that my outlook on how I worship Jesus has completely changed. For the past three weeks at church we have been in a series about how to worship. The first week of the series on worship, I raised my hands in worship for the first time without feeling weird. It was GREAT! You see, I was raised in a very traditional non charismatic church. That sort of thing was really weird. I have been trasforming into a closet charismatic over the past several years. I think that my trasformation is finally coming to fruition with this past weekend. Pastor Don Coleman talked about being a passionate worshipper. Worshipping God with all of your soul. Saying take all of me Lord. I have never truely done that. I've jammed out to some awesome worship music. I've listed to the worship. I've watched other people worship. I've even thought that I was worshipping. I have never focused solely on God during worship and made Him the focus. When I did that this past weekend I felt freed from chains. I was becoming a passionate worshipper.

Now, the season of Lent begins tomorrow. I've usually done things like give up chocolate or tv or stuff like that. This year I want to change my life during Lent. Lent is about focusing on Jesus and the sacrifice He made for me. I don't want to just give up something for Lent. I want to give up my life for Jesus. All of my life for the rest of my life. I want to live like Jesus wants me to live. I want Him to be by my side in everything that I do. I want to live like He is always looking over my shoulder. I'm going to use these forty days leading up to Easter to transform my life so that for the rest of my life I can better serve Him.

So I pray now that God, Jehovah, Lord, Jesus, gives me the strength and the wisdom to carry out His will and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Help me to get my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual house in order so that I am not burdened and weighed down my the idols that are holding me back. I pray that I will continue to grow spiritually and continue to be a passionate worshipper. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus. AMEN!

0 comments:

© Erica Dawn Harris. Powered by Blogger.
.